7.11.2011

jamaican' me crazy

Today is the start of a new week and therefore the start of my resolution to start blogging again! So I thought I'd start out with finally sharing pictures of the pink living room (ps-my last blog post was sort of a joke...I don't really think that you NEED to know about my pink living room. But, you might WANT to, right?) This is a shot of the room before, in the midst of prep (HATE prep, by the way and I no longer use painter's tape...more on that later):


I settled on pink begonia, the darker of the two pinks and loved the way it turned out. It really warmed up the large space. I added some dark brown furnishings that I already had and the lovely paris chair from Home Goods:



Here's a shot of the other side with the pink anthro pillow on the couch (please pardon the horrible photography):


I loved the bohemian vibe I had going and hubs was even into it. But after living with it for a few weeks, something wasn't working. The color of the couch (a grayish brown) wasn't working with the other dark brown furniture and the white shutters were looking too "beach cottage" next to all of the warm furnishings. It wasn't gelling. AT ALL. I got so frustrated that I completely stopped all decorating. I didn't want to think about it, I didn't want to blog about it. I needed time to clearly define the direction I was going in before buying anymore furniture or painting ANOTHER wall.

Add to that the fact that my kitchen was already lime green (Benjamin Moore's chic lime)...


and my dining room a robin's egg blue (Benjamin Moore's arctic blue)...


and it was getting a little too "island mon" up in there! I mean, my house IS pink and green, but let's be honest...I don't live at the beach. I needed to tone it down. Rethink my whole house scheme. Did I want to go warm bohemian or beachy cottage? Stick with me to see what direction I chose and the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment