2.27.2011

pink?

Are you noticing a trend lately? First it started with the chair, which has dashes of pink in it. Then the pillow. I also can't stop thinking about these two images lately:


The latest cover of House Beautiful.


And an image from the Serena & Lily catalog/website.

I love the "city eclectic" feel of both of these rooms, from the bright colors (that still feel sophisticated) to the art on the walls, with a dash of wordly accessories (like that amazing white moorish table above). I think this style is perfect for us because I love bright colors, but I still want the room to feel inviting and cozy. We also have a lot of interesting art and accessories from Africa that will be here soon (if our shipment ever gets here) that would mix well with this style.
I love the warmth that pink brings to both of these spaces, so I'm considering pink for the living room:


I bought two samples from Ben Moore this weekend, pink innocence (on the left) and pink begonia (right), which is the exact color from the House Beautiful image. I'm leaning towards the pink begonia because I think it would bring a lot of warmth to the large room and well, if you're going to go with pink you might as well go all the way!


Am I crazy? Hubs is actually on board. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Whatever happened to those pink walls? Did you pick a color and go for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I want to steal all of your wist items and let them live in my house too

    ReplyDelete