8.23.2011

dining room sources

So, now that you've seen the whole enchilada, it might be fun to break it down room by room with paint color names, inspiration, etc. Let's start with the dining room...



(ps-these pictures aren't very good. I need to reshoot them, but you get the idea). So this is where it all started. I was in Williams & Sherrill back in the fall and fell in love with a paint color (Stone by Benjamin Moore) they used in one of their "rooms." It's a dark gray with a hint of purple. I also notcied that they had used a similar color in the Arhaus showroom (where I bought my table and buffet). I knew I wanted something dramatic in the dining room, but I still wanted a shabby chic/french industrial/gustavian feel that would mesh with the vibe of the shutters.

I had already installed (by me, I mean hubs and my Dad) the white coral chandelier. It was originally bronze, but was on clearance at Ballard Designs and I thought I could just spray it white (I am the queen of spray paint now, by the way). If you like the look, Ballard now sells a white version (although not on clearance, I'm afraid). It turned out great and meshed nicely with my Vienna chairs and the white shutters.

As I mentioned, the table and buffet are from Arhaus. I looove this store. I searched forever for a dining room table and this was it. I love the reclaimed wood and the fact that Calder can destroy it and it will only look better. Although I did not love the price tag. Luckily they were having an anniversary sale, which knocked off 35%.

The hutch is from Crate & Barrel. It too is reclaimed wood and originally I was going to put it in the living room for books, etc. But it fit so beautifully in that corner and really finished the room. Plus it gave me a place to display our wedding china (still unused after 7 years of marriage, but pretty to look at. I WILL use it for Thanksgiving/Christmas this year). I got this random 10% off coupon from Crate & Barrel in the mail back in the spring and they were also having a free shipping promo on furniture orders over a certain amount, so I also saved some money there.

The curtains are from IKEA and are unfortunately discontinued. Yes, they are the same curtains in YHL's living room. No, I did not copy them. I bought them back in the fall and they have actually made their way through 3 rooms in my house. First they were in the bedroom, then the living room and finally ended up in the dining room. I felt like they popped the most against the dark gray walls. I smiled when I read their post about them...they are great curtains!

So I guess that's it! I still have more to do, like hang some art and style the table. My grandmother's mirror may also not stay on top of the buffet. But it's certainly come along way from this...



to this...




to this!




No comments:

Post a Comment